- By committing the resources of 4Caring.org and the infrastructure of Stanton Barrett Motorsports(SBM), Stanton Barrett made a significant impact on the sport of bobsledding in just the first season of involvement. Barrett’s assistance and contributions for bobsled pilot Grayson Fertig and his team made it possible for Fertig to acquire competitive 2man and 4man sleds that would give him the opportunity prove themselves at bobsledding’s highest levels FIBT World Cup Bobsledding.
- Organizing with creative management, 18 years of sports marketing experience, foresight for competitive efficiency and competitive resources will be the prevailing goal of 4caring.org and SBM bobsled program. All contributions of 4caring.org will excel bobsledding for the USA athletes and achieve the next level of success and efficiency. Demands on the athletes are intense to make it in the sport, with limited resources and expensive equipment to purchase and manage. 4caring.org looks to improve the abilities for athletes to gain resources and equipment with out the financial struggle, focus being taken away from their training and to allow focus on competition. Additionally, new implemented management program for bobsled developing drivers and team organization will be implemented, new equipment, race shop facility and transportation vehicles in Germany to cut significant long term cost with shipping and rentals; allowing developing and team athletes a strategy that has a plan with out the politics that are filled in sports.
- Grayson is just the first of many athletes 4caring seeks to reach out and help make dreams come true by providing cometitive equipment, funding, sponsorship and resources to compete and represent our country. Additionally, we look to help to remove the politics of national sports and allow people dedicated to hard work and motivation with talent succeed with out restrictions.
- The seasons prior to the 2006-2007 campaign were about gaining experience and skill with the long term goal of representing the USA at the 2010 Olympics in Vancouver. During those years Grayson Fertig raced in the minor leagues of bobsledding known as the America’s Cup Tour and the Europa Cup Tour and trained intensely in Lake Placid, New York. The top finishes he amassed and his commitment to the process of improvement were what inspired Stanton Barrett to back him. The 2006-2007 was the breakthrough season Fertig knew he was capable of. After a strong showing at the October USA Seeding races, 5th place in the 2man and 3rd in the 4man, Grayson won the America’s Cup 2man, 4man, and Overall Titles. Then in January with that momentum he brought his underdog team to the US National Championships and won the 4man title while placing 5th in the 2man. These results got him called up to race on World Cup Tour for the last 6 races of the season. With a different team, different sleds, and on tracks that were new to him Grayson attacked the World Cup field earning 5 top 20 finishes with 13th place as his highest finish against the world’s best. Despite not racing in 2/3 of the World Cup races Grayson is currently ranked 25th in the world. Grayson is determined to achieve the #1 world ranking during the next 3 seasons that lead up to the 2010 Games.
- Grayson relies on his diverse athletic background to propel him in bobsledding. In high school at Tabor Academy in Massachusetts he lettered in all but his first year of soccer and went on to captain the hockey, lacrosse, and soccer teams. Middlebury College of Vermont offered him the opportunity to play both hockey and lacrosse and once there he played on 3 NCAA Championship lacrosse teams and 1 NCAA Championship hockey team. In his senior year he captained the hockey team and earned the distinguished Buff Bermas Award.
- In 2002 Grayson graduated from Middlebury College with a degree in English(creative writing)/Studio Art. People have long seen his artistic interests as an unconventional pairing with his athletic pursuits, but for Grayson it is all very natural. For him the search for speed and hundredths of seconds on a bobsled track is very much the same as finding the right words for a poem or the defining lines of an intaglio print.
- Along with an intense off-season bobsled training regimen Grayson works in New York City as a personal trainer at the renowned Chelsea Piers Sports Center and as a youth hockey coach for the Manhattan Mini Mites.
- Grayson is an aspiring writer and visual artist. He hopes that his forms of expression can be as forceful and gripping as a bobsled ride.
- In his free time Grayson enjoys reading, surfing, skateboarding and the company of his family and friends.